Finding inspiration comes from many places but sometimes you find the perfect design and it’s ok to recreate the look for yourself … below in Kerri Russell’s Brooklyn Home Master Bedroom from Elle Decor, the room is simple, warm, full of personality + it’s attainable for the rest of us to achieve.
Get the look bedroom decorating ideas
My take-aways ~
Beginning with the paint color …
Such a beautiful neutral paint color from Benjamin Moore’s Designer Collection, Stone Hearth CC490 against crisp white moldings.
Neutral Bedding …
The neutral bedding from Matteo works seamlessly with Benjamin Moore’s Stone Hearth paint color.
– In a neutral color scheme undertones can skew in different directions especially with your individual lighting. So make sure to paint a sample on your wall + look at your fabric swatches in your room to make sure they work together.
Upholstered Headboard …
Custom upholstered headboard, fabric from Matteohome.com.
– If you don’t know where to find a custom upholstered headboard, contact an interior designer for assistance.
– Or, if you’re not in the market for a custom piece, most furniture stores carry upholstered headboards, the one below is from Restorationhardware.com
The Area rug …
The sheepskin rug is from Ikea!
Add personality to your room with …
– Flea market find chandelier.
– A favorite piece of artwork.
– Unique night side tables.
In our inspiration photo the nightstand is custom-made from Deary, but if you’re not in the market for a custom piece check out a local flea market, big box store or make it a diy project.
– The one below is from WestElm.com from their new reclaimed wood collection.
Simple vase with greens.
Anything that serves double duty I don’t mind making space for!
– Clear simple glass vases are my number one favorite …
– either you can use the glass vase alone or slip it into another container
– or use it for a candle holder
– or store wine corks in it
Below I purchased from Michaels Arts and Craft Store a rattan tall basket and slipped the glass vase inside.