This home office makeover was long overdue for a face lift. Understanding the function and keeping in budget were key to the homeowners.
With a strict budget, we revamped this cluttered, dark, lack luster home office into a well organized, bright space full of energy.
A mission impossible turned out to be mission successful!
First, this Home Office Makeover must have List.
1. Storage, storage and more storage. Open shelving and closed cabinetry.
2. Room for additional seating with the ability to hold business meetings.
3. Area for ipad/laptop use.
Keeping within a strict budget-
1. We kept the desk and desk chair, file cabinet, window treatments and upholstered bench.
2. I “shopped” their home adding the round table, an upholstered chair and some accessories.
1. Paint, Benjamin Moore Elephant Tusk OC-8.
2. Wood flooring and base molding.
3. Besta Bookcase and Besta Cabinet from Ikea.
4. Two antique mirrors ($40.00 for the pair!)
5. We still need an area rug, cabinet hardware and installation of base molding, but I was so excited to show the room to you I couldn’t wait!
The homeowners are so thrilled, they’re often spotted having coffee and reading the paper by the window on a Saturday morning – a room that before they didn’t like spending time in has turned out to be one of their favorite places -that’s mission accomplished for me!! ~ nancy