Some quick ideas to refresh your dining room ~ inspired by celebrity homes …
At this time of year we’re all wrapped up in the holiday season, entertaining, sharing our time and talents with friends, family and volunteering for others.
Even though dining rooms are thought of as “public spaces” it’s really a very intimate space as your guests linger over coffee and dessert, captivated in the moment, which surrounds the dining table. Our dining spaces seem to take center stage as we spend hours enjoying good food, company and conversation.
With Thanksgiving a couple of weeks away, a major overhaul is usually off the table until next year, but here are some tips you can take away from the celebrity dining rooms below to refresh your dining room with little disruption or expense … just in time for the holiday season!
enjoy and have a wonderful weekend! ~ nancy
1. For a pillow addict like me, naturally I am drawn to the idea of adding a small kidney-shaped pillow to the dining chairs; it adds a fun unexpected pop of color.
2. A window treatment is a quick update creating a focal point while adding texture and color.
3. A touch of bling in a chandelier or accessories adds that element of surprise and drama.
4. A simple vase of fresh flowers is so welcoming.
5. Choose artwork to add color and personality.
6. Check out the dining chairs in the four dining rooms above they’re all so different, current and fresh. If you can’t afford to replace all of your chairs just replace the host and hostess chairs.
7.And last but not least … the one thing I noticed in the four celebrity dining rooms is that there are no area rugs, it could be time to switch things up; take your area rug out or try a new style/color.