My top ten ways to add affordable artwork to your home ~
1. Post Cards: I like combining 2 or 3 pen and ink drawings by a local artists or post cards from a museum. Have them framed in a large mat with a frame that works with your space.
2. Mirrors: Antique or new, mirrors add visual interest and depth to a space. Visit an antique store and look an unusually framed mirror, if you’re lucky you may find a pair.
3. Game Boards: A game board simply placed on a shelf turns into a fun piece of art.
4. Local Photography: Find a local photographer capturing a unique viewpoint of their area.
5. Photography or artwork by you, your family or a friend: We all have vacation photo’s we’ve taken, budding artists in the family and friends who can take a great picture – have them framed.
6. Bulletin Board: Collect your favorite snapshots and pin them on a framed bulletin board.
7. Beautiful Fabrics: A set of 4 framed fabric patterns will provide color and energy to a
8. Eye catching paper: Can’t find fabrics; look for paper – wrapping paper or specialty papers to
create abstract artwork.
9. Medallions: Wood or painted new or old can make an interesting focal point.
10. Flea Market Finds: search flea markets for picture frames and fill them with prints that you have
or find on line.
Artwork is subjective … it’s individual … it’s what you like .. have fun with it!