good morning!!! 10am and time for coffee! … hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!
- i was at target over the weekend and saw this great little side-chair in a chevron pattern …
- a chevron pattern is basically a v-shaped pattern, its origins date back to early art pieces on pottery and rock carvings ~ according to wikipedia.org.
- decorative art pieces have long embraced a chevron design ….
from my trip to the Getty Villa.
today’s chevron is fresh and modern with an updated take on the classic design element.
try a chevron pattern in either an accent piece such as a pillow, accent chair or decorative item …
or create a focal point with wall coverings, window treatments or an area rug.
a chevron design adds crisp color + a graphic element to your space.
- a chevron design can be exacting or an interpretation a little more fluid, less rigid almost a blur between chevron and flame stitch or an animal print ~ i like it … the pattern makes you looks twice!
- the window treatment below uses a chevron inspired pattern as the window treatment adding just the right amount of color and pattern to this beautiful neutral bedroom.
hope you all have a great week …
be happy + be comfortable in your home ~ nancy