the pastel trend from spring 2014 runway has made its way into our home stores with an explosion of color!
- in an earlier post this year i wrote about a pastel trend straight from the runway http://intentionaldesigns.com/?p=2573
- and how we will begin seeing that trend offered in home products.
- i was at ikea in my local area yesterday sourcing for a client, i had not been there since i think january of this year, anyway the one thing that was so different was an explosion of color options offered …
the option of white or black/brown has been happily expanded to add a range of colors.
i loved all the color, it’s so uplifting especially for a big store like Ikea … imagine how it would look in your home.
- but secretly with all this color i was hoping to find something in a beautiful navy blue … and there it was ~ a storage piece in a beautiful navy blue.
hemnes shelving unit for ikea
- after seeing the piece above it reminded me of my blog about the 2014 hgtv smart home that had used deep rich navy cabinetry in the kitchen. http://intentionaldesigns.com/?p=5481
for a small space or a rental a few of these storage pieces may just be the ticket to adding a deep rich navy to your home + vertical storage!
my tip ~
grab inspiration from rooms you love then incorporate that element into your home!
enjoy your day! ~ nancy