If you’re looking for inspirations, check out this amazing before and after buffet/server inspired by a piece from Home Goods.
Home Goods is a favorite store of mine to browse through its that thrill of the hunt feeling. Everyone seems to be eagerly wandering through the store searching for that hidden treasure.
A very talented friend of mine and her husband recently had us over for dinner in their newly designed home; which they did themselves! On the deck stood an amazing buffet/server stocked with outdoor dishes and whatever else they needed for serving. The Buffet/Server is made of heavy sturdy wood (no mdf) with plenty of storage and a perfect size for their outdoor use.
- However the finish was not quite right for their space and they were not sure if the top would hold up to the outdoor weather. So all it took was their vision and a little sweat equity to make this piece a functional show stopper for their outdoor dining area.
Here are their before and after photo’s ~
Before from the Home Goods store:
Here are the after photo’s on their deck.
Here’s what they did …
– They sanded the original finish off to get it ready to stain the colors that worked with their decor, they chose the deck wood stain and a red stain as an accent.
– The original top piece did not hold up to the weather so it had to be removed along with the molding piece underneath to make way for a stone top made to fit.
– The top was sealed with stone sealer.
– A thinner molding was stained and added.
- I love how they transformed this piece the stone top is so beautiful and the stain colors are perfect for their space.
Thanks for letting me share your work its truly inspiring!
Hope everyone has a great Monday ~ nancy