Pantone Color of the Year 2015 … Marsala 18-1438.
From Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute
- “Nurturing and fulfilling, Marsala is a natural fit for the kitchen and dining room – making it ideal for tabletop, small appliances and linens throughout the home.”
- A Hearty Yet Stylish Tone … Add elegance to any room by incorporating this rich and welcoming hue in accent pieces, accessories and paint. Marsala’s plush characteristics are enhanced when the color is applied to textured surfaces, making it an ideal choice for rugs and upholstered living room furniture.”
Visit Pantone for more information on Marsala 18-1438.
Below are color pairings for Marsala, suggested by Pantone.
What a great surprise it is when Pantone reveals their Color of The Year!
Marsala is a warm rich color, a “wine red with brown undertones”.
- What did you think Pantone’s Color of the year would be???
- I was back and forth between a sheer light “white” or a rich olive tone, leaning more towards the latter. But I do see a lot of olive tones in the Color Pairings for Marsala, maybe next year!
Although … Marsala makes perfect sense to me with gray and neutral tones so abundant. Marsala is so versatile it will work well as an accent color or a dominant fabric or paint color.
How will you or will you use Marsala in your home? Or, do you already love this color and have it in your home?
I think Marsala will immediately resonate with homeowners, it’s a familiar color with so much warmth and sophistication when paired with new fresh colors and within modern fabric patterns.
- The modern global print fabric below is a wonderful example of Color Pairing 2, with shades of Marsala with hints of Golden Ochre Gold Earth and Calypso Coral.
This fabric would be beautiful in drapery panels, a perfect jumping off point for your room’s palette!
Thanks for sharing your week with me and as always,
Have a wonderful weekend ~ nancy
be happy + be comfortable in your home!