If you’re looking for a chic monochromatic bedroom update it’s well within your reach in 6 simple steps!
So what exactly is a monochromatic color scheme mean? Basically a Monochromatic Color Scheme is comprised of one color. Mostly we see monochromatic color schemes in neutral palettes, but there are certainly times that only bold color choices will do.
So, this monochromatic bedroom based off of a white palette is fresh, warm, chic and full of good energy!
First, begin with a paint color.
• Usually I recommend this for last but a beautiful creamy white paint color will begin the process for you faster than anything else you possibly do.
• Simply White
• Capitol White
• Find beautiful white drapery panels that will warm up the room instantly.
• Drapery suggestions … from our shopping site http://intentionaldesigns.com/Shop
• Fabric pattern below is Snap, available in white and many other colors!
Third, Bed Frame & Bedding.
1. Choose a bed frame that is …. Yup white! Upholstered headboards add texture and softness to a white monochromatic color scheme.
2. For the most part your bed is the focal point of your room. So, think about a complete bedding ensemble. Including a duvet, or coverlet, a throw, decorative pillows all in varying shades of white and with a little texture.
3. Sheets are important too because you’ll see them so make sure to buy a new set of white sheets.
• Rich wood flooring will just make your monochromatic color scheme pop.
• Layering a neutral sisal or jute area rug brings in more texture and warmth.
• Ok your getting the idea now, artwork, lighting, mirrors, accent tables keep it all monochromatic.
And Last but not least, Furnishings.
• Accent chairs in white trimmed with a light wood frame tie into the area rug beautifully.
Thanks for stopping in! ~ Nancy
be happy + be comfortable in your home
Shop with us this week @ http://intentionaldesigns.com/Shop
Spring Sale Event running through the end of May …
20% off all draperies!