If you’re bored with lunch options at work, try our latest quinoa summer salad to take to work this week. Quinoa is one of my favorite grains (actually it’s a seed) to add to salads. But quinoa is one of those things you have to add flavor to.
So bring a healthy lunch to work this week with our quinoa summer salad!
My simple real life truth ~
When I’m at the gym most the time I think about what to make for dinner. And then I stop on the way home at my local market. So last night I remembered I had quinoa and that the corn we had last weekend was delicious. And while I was walking around the market I saw a black bean and corn salsa which is so good and thought I could make that and add quinoa to it. But I was a little shaky on how to season it all. When I got home my son and I did a taste test and he suggested Tomatillo Salsa as the seasoning, a perfect choice!
Recipe for Quinoa Summer Salad
1. Follow directions on the package of Earthly Choice Quinoa for 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water.
2. Boil 3 ears of corn for about 7 minutes. When cooked, cut the kernels off the cob.
3. Drain a can of black beans and rinse with water.
4. Cut up one pint of tomatoes in quarters.
5. Dice up 1/2 large Vidalia onion.
6. Combine the five ingredients in a large bowl.
7. Add Tomatillo salsa to taste.
8. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Products I like to use…
How to serve Quinoa Summer Salad
Serve either warmed up or cold from the refrig, as a side dish or add it to a salad for lunch.
And for me the great thing about this quinoa recipe is that it makes a lot so you can eat it all week. Enjoy!
So thanks for stopping in and we hope you’ve left inspired! ~ Nancy
be happy + be comfortable in your home